BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sas_bh
Fluorite | Level 6

I am getting the error 

This server location is already registered for use by either another project or SAS application,
or the user does not have permission to create a project at this location.

I am using SAS E Miner 7.1. I have tried the link

http://support.sas.com/kb/43/891.html

But couldnt find the entries as per the link in the ini file 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sas_bh
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Jeff. I think I got the issue. It was an issue with metadata permission in the SAS Folder. I am waiting for the user confirmation. Thanks again!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JeffPrevatt
SAS Employee

Are you using the EM 7.1 Workstation client or EM 7.1 Client/Server?  The reason I am asking is because the SAS note you referenced below is only for the EM 7.1 Workstation client so that may be the reason why you can't find the entries mentioned.  This error can also occur if your project name includes a / or \.  Here are a few things to check regardless of the EM client you are using.

• Ensure your userid has write access to the filesystem where the project is being created
  • Ensure there is not a folder in the file system that has the same name as the project you are creating

If you are using EM 7.1 Client/Server you can also check the following:

• Check the permissions on the SAS Folder location in Metadata where you are trying to create the project.  You need read/write permissions.
  • Ensure there is not already an item with the same name in the SAS Folder location you chose.

sas_bh
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Jeff. I think I got the issue. It was an issue with metadata permission in the SAS Folder. I am waiting for the user confirmation. Thanks again!!

mtho
Calcite | Level 5

Which metadata permissions did you give to the sas folder. i was able to create a project before without any error but now i cant.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation