BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ishakamboj1230
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

i uploaded a csv file after creating a folder inside the sas studio using upload option . i also created and defined a library called ' libish' in the same folderthe same folder. now i am trying to access this csv file via this code:

data libish.filename;

infile 'path of the file inside the sas studio' dlm=',' firstobs='2';

input variable names ;

run;

but output data showing only variable name  without any data inside and its giving below error:

'The data set LIBISH.filename may be incomplete.  When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 7 variables'

how to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ishakamboj1230
Obsidian | Level 7

finally i got solution to my problem which i want to share

to open csv file in sas . first create a fólder from files and folder option . and then upload your file from upload option on the top .

then go to snippet- data- import csv file -double click on it. snippet will open on the right side. now make changes in the snippet.

add path of the file in the filename csv " path of csv file in the folder"

if you want to change the library change accordingly. and the press run option .

for video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSX5ZPt-B5A

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

That is a status message. Often the Log of the submitted code will have an underscore character under one of the lines of code and an actual error message.

Look for file not found type things.

Also look through the data import tasks. Some of the installations of Studio with a server cannot see your local harddrive from base code but using the tasks it can.

Reeza
Super User

Post your full log. 

Are you using SAS Academics on Demand?

ishakamboj1230
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using SaS on Demand

ishakamboj1230
Obsidian | Level 7

finally i got solution to my problem which i want to share

to open csv file in sas . first create a fólder from files and folder option . and then upload your file from upload option on the top .

then go to snippet- data- import csv file -double click on it. snippet will open on the right side. now make changes in the snippet.

add path of the file in the filename csv " path of csv file in the folder"

if you want to change the library change accordingly. and the press run option .

for video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSX5ZPt-B5A

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation