BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alessandrofera
Calcite | Level 5

Hello to everyone!

Could you please tell me how to get:

1. number of hidden layers and neurons of a Neural Network
2. number of unique indicator variables created after imputations

3. number of variables used by Neural Network.

Please, could you describe the steps for each?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello,

I work in SAS Global Certification.  I received your post and was able to reach out to one of our instructors to get some answers to your questions.   Here is the information he provided to me to pass along to you.  Hopefully it will help you some.

1. Number of hidden layers/units can be found by looking under the “network” property in the properties panel of the neural network node.
  2. One way to see the number of indicator variables created after imputation is to look at the results window of the imputation node.  The results will show how many “M_” variables are created.  These are the missing value indicators.
  3. The neural network node will use as many “inputs” that are given to the node.  One way to see this number is to look at the “variables” property of the neural network node.  This will show a list of all variables coming into the node.  Any with a role of “input” are used.  You can probably also see the answer by looking at the variable summary table which appears in the “output” window in the results from the neural network.

I hope this helps you in your studies for the exam and good luck to you when you take it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation