BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Dears all,

I have a project in sas enterprise miner and its status of diagram is locked. I deleted wsopen.lck from the system folder and tried to open but the project can't open. Does anyone have a way to reopen or relock the project?

sas-lock.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @husseinmazaar,

I think you can get a good answer from SAS Support Notes:

Usage Note 43711: Unlocking a SAS® Enterprise Miner(tm) diagram: http://support.sas.com/kb/43/711.html

Usage Note 18514: Unlocking a SAS® Enterprise Miner(tm) 6.2 or earlier diagram: http://support.sas.com/kb/18/514.html

Please let us know if this solves your question.

Kind regards,

Juan

@DougWielenga also provided context for this scenario. See his reply

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @husseinmazaar,

I think you can get a good answer from SAS Support Notes:

Usage Note 43711: Unlocking a SAS® Enterprise Miner(tm) diagram: http://support.sas.com/kb/43/711.html

Usage Note 18514: Unlocking a SAS® Enterprise Miner(tm) 6.2 or earlier diagram: http://support.sas.com/kb/18/514.html

Please let us know if this solves your question.

Kind regards,

Juan

@DougWielenga also provided context for this scenario. See his reply

husseinmazaar
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Juan,

I tried your way but unfortunately the diagram is still lock and I can't unlock it.

husseinmazaar
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Juan,

I tried your way but unfortunately the diagram is still lock and I can't unlock it.

MelodieRush
SAS Employee

Have you contacted Tech Support  support@sas.com. They should be able to assist you.

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

Stewartli
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, the same thing happened to me. 

DougWielenga
SAS Employee

The notes provided by @JuanS_OCS are usually sufficient to cover these situations, but the other possible answers depend on things like...

... which version of the software are you using and on which operating system?  (different versions might require different interventions)

... has the project/diagram been in use for a while?  if so, how long? (very old projects can show slower performance)

... has the project/diagram been imported or migrated from another version or operating system? (there might have been problems in the migration)

... are other users able also accessing this project? (others might have the diagram locked)

... how many diagrams are in the project? (excessive number of diagrams can slow performance)

... how are you connecting (on your machine, over a wired network, over a wireless network, via Citrix, etc...)?  (network issues/competition might be causing problems)

Only in the rarest of circumstances should you find yourself needing to delete .LCK files.   In many cases, this occurs because the project or diagram has been closed abnormally which can cause

- corruption of the project or diagram

- leaving orphaned sessions 

In situations where the diagram or project has become corrupted, you will need to rebuild it but this is very rare.  In some cases, you might need to restart your SAS services.  We typically recommend doing this once a month to ensure peak performance. Due to the sheer number of possible reasons, it would be good to contact SAS Technical Support as @MelodieRush suggested if none of the things mentioned above help you move forward.  If you do, please provide them a complete picture based on the comments in the SAS note and in this note to help us get you moving forward as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps!

Doug  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation