BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jiuchen
Calcite | Level 5

It is my first time to use SAS 9.4EM. It said 'The application could not log on to the server. The server process terminated unexpectedly with exit value 111'. I try to uninstall and reinstall the SAS, but it has same problem. So what can I do now?

I try to follow instruction(in https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Data-Mining/Server-process-terminated-with-exit-value-111/m-p/286...) but when I open SAS9.4, it appears error.

2 REPLIES 2
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi jiuchen,

Welcome to the SAS Data Mining Community! Your scenario is best directed to Technical Support. Feel free to open a track. For information on other ways to contact Tech Support, refer to:http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/index.html.

Best,

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

CharlesminLin
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

You are facing  issue while creating new project on SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation and can't use SAS 9.4

Error Message seen:

SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation:
The application could not log on to the server. The server process terminated unexpectedly with exit value 111.

SAS 9.4:
ERROR: Invalid physical name for library SASUSER.
NOTE: Unable to initialize the options subsystem.
ERROR: (SASXKINI): PHASE 3 KERNEL INITIALIZATION FAILED.
ERROR: Unable to initialize the SAS kernel.

This is the solution I received from SAS Technical Support.

Reason

The error indicates that the path defined for the SASUSER library is not currently accessible. The path for the SASUSER library is hardcoded into your SAS configuration file, which is named sasv9.cfg 

Reason

The error indicates that the path defined for the SASUSER library is not currently accessible. The path for the SASUSER library is hardcoded into your SAS configuration file, which is named sasv9.cfg 

To resolve the problem -

Verify the path for SASUSER library in the sasv9.cfg file and either make the path accessible or change the path.

To determine the location of your SASUSER library, complete the following steps:

1) Open the sasv9.cfg file in Notepad or in the SAS Editor window. The default locations are as follows: SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\en

2) Search for the line that starts -SASUSER and make note of the path. For example, you might see a path similar to the following:

-SASUSER "?FOLDERID_Documents\My SAS Files\9.4"

3) And change it to resolve like:

To: -SASUSER "c:\users\<user-ID>\documents\My SAS Files\9.4"

In Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to the explicit path determined above, make sure that exists and that you can access this directory, and verify that you have read/write permissions.

Note: if the path does not exist, you must create the same like "c:\users\<user-ID>\documents\My SAS Files\9.4".

4) Save the file, and close Notepad.

5) Open SAS Enterprise Miner and try to replicate the issue reported.

NOTE : - Make sure to take backup of sasv9.cfg file to some secure location before making any changes

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation