BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ken88
Calcite | Level 5

I use Cluster Node and I see segment plot with black bar, what does it mean?

others are colorful, some are very dark...

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Ken,

I don't think the colors mean anything, they just help you know what to look and where to click. Or at least that is how I use them :smileysilly:

For the example below, you know that Cluster node found you 6 segments or clusters.

Segment 1 has around 60% of customers with low values of savings (between 1-1.5), around 20% of customers with high savings values, and 20% customers in between.

for ken.png

Personally I just use the colors in the bar as a reference to get the mouse-over box (a nice summary), and the default theme has never got me confused I think... But for the most part I use the table that feeds this graph. I click back and forth a lot between the plot and the table when I really want to understand the distribution of a variable within a segment. An alternative is to use the Segment Profile node, but it is not as interactive...

Does this answer your question?

As a follow up, would you find it more useful if there was an option that you can choose to make these colors have a meaning, like for example a gradient legend?

Thanks,

Miguel

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation