BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Roal
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi.  running models in SAS EM but for each run the process goes through the impute node which is taking a long time to run.  Is it OK to remove it from the path once it's completes it's first run?

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MelodieRush
SAS Employee

Oops I was wrong, you are right. If you are still seeing this node rerunning each time you run without making a change to anything in the node or a node before, please contact Tech Support. support@sas.com or http://support.sas.com/en/technical-support.html#contact-technical-support

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

No, but it shouldn't be re-running unless you are changing a property for one of the nodes that is before it in the flow or you have the Rerun property set to Yes in the Input Data node.

Roal
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the quick response.  I will check the re-run property.  Under what section in the property box will I be able to find this setting?

Thanks!

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

In the Train section of the Input Data node properties.  Hope that helps!

Roal
Fluorite | Level 6

my rerun setting is "no".  For some reason all the preceding nodes get run everytime I run a new model, including patitioning. Could it be the order of my path?  input date >> partitioning>> impute>>Metadata>>models

thanks again!

MelodieRush
SAS Employee

Check the rerun property for all those nodes. If any node is set to rerun all the nodes after it will rerun everytime you run the flow.

Roal
Fluorite | Level 6

How do I check the rerun properties for individual nodes? I've only seen that option for the input data node.

The impute node is running extremely slow.  I am working with 2 millioin records with a 60/40 partition split.  I am using a combination of impute methods, tree, constant,count and mean.  I am also using unique indicator variable with input role.

Thanks,

Roal

MelodieRush
SAS Employee

Oops I was wrong, you are right. If you are still seeing this node rerunning each time you run without making a change to anything in the node or a node before, please contact Tech Support. support@sas.com or http://support.sas.com/en/technical-support.html#contact-technical-support

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation