Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

removing impute node from path after imputation is complete

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

removing impute node from path after imputation is complete

Hi.  running models in SAS EM but for each run the process goes through the impute node which is taking a long time to run.  Is it OK to remove it from the path once it's completes it's first run?

Thanks, 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-06-2017 05:20 AM
SAS Employee

Re: removing impute node from path after imputation is complete

Oops I was wrong, you are right. If you are still seeing this node rerunning each time you run without making a change to anything in the node or a node before, please contact Tech Support. support@sas.com or http://support.sas.com/en/technical-support.html#contact-technical-support

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

No, but it shouldn't be re-running unless you are changing a property for one of the nodes that is before it in the flow or you have the Rerun property set to Yes in the Input Data node.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the quick response.  I will check the re-run property.  Under what section in the property box will I be able to find this setting?

Thanks!

SAS Super FREQ

In the Train section of the Input Data node properties.  Hope that helps!

Occasional Contributor

my rerun setting is "no".  For some reason all the preceding nodes get run everytime I run a new model, including patitioning. Could it be the order of my path?  input date >> partitioning>> impute>>Metadata>>models

thanks again!

SAS Employee

Check the rerun property for all those nodes. If any node is set to rerun all the nodes after it will rerun everytime you run the flow.

Occasional Contributor

How do I check the rerun properties for individual nodes? I've only seen that option for the input data node.

The impute node is running extremely slow.  I am working with 2 millioin records with a 60/40 partition split.  I am using a combination of impute methods, tree, constant,count and mean.  I am also using unique indicator variable with input role.

Thanks,

Roal

Solution
‎03-06-2017 05:20 AM
SAS Employee

Oops I was wrong, you are right. If you are still seeing this node rerunning each time you run without making a change to anything in the node or a node before, please contact Tech Support. support@sas.com or http://support.sas.com/en/technical-support.html#contact-technical-support

Occasional Contributor

Will do.  Thanks!

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation