BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bmutell
Calcite | Level 5

I'm running an HP Neural node in Enterprise Miner to predict toward a multicategorical nomial target. I receive the following error message due to a run time error:

NOTE: There were 57066 observations read from the data set EMWS1.PART_TRAIN.
NOTE: There were 24457 observations read from the data set EMWS1.PART_VALIDATE.
NOTE: Reading data...
ERROR: No useable observations.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: There were 81523 observations read from the data set WORK.HPNNA_TRAINDATA.
WARNING: The data set EMWS1.HPNNA_OUTMODEL may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 0 variables.
WARNING: Data set EMWS1.HPNNA_OUTMODEL was not replaced because this step was stopped.

I have been unable to find any documentation online as to the cause of this error message. I have run the same data through several decision trees and random forests with no hassle. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

My best guess is that each observation has at least one missing value for an input or target.  Can you see if there is an input with a lot of missing values and either reject that variable, or use HP Impute to impute?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation