BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chemicalab
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

Does anyone have some good book to recommend concering propensity modeling using SAS Base? That would describe the data mining view as well as the scoring view?

In addition any book that is entirely focused in clustering using SAS Base?

Kind regards and thnx in advance

1 REPLY 1
adjgiulio
Obsidian | Level 7

Propensity modeling is such a broad term. From your question it seems like what you really need is some clustering technique reference.

In general I really like Data Preparation for Data Mining using SAS by Mamdouh Refaat. Many topics discussed in this book apply across the board to all commonly used techniques, including Cluster Analysis.

My go-to book for clustering using SAS is actually SAS' training material from their Applied Clustering Techniques course. SAS has at least another couple of cluster related courses, which I have not attended and cannot really speak to. There is a Customer Segmentation using EM, and a Propensity Score Matching one.

G

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation