BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Benjamin8
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I want to merge two files with the merge node. They should sorted by an Variable of the type ID. I added the merge role "by" to the variable, but unfornately there occurs an error: "Run time error was encountered. Please see the log for more details." The project log is empty is there another log? Or do you have an other idea?

BTW: The two observation contain 3000 and 1000 observations.

Best regards,

Benjamin

7 REPLIES 7
Benjamin8
Calcite | Level 5

Oh, sorry. The assumption is correct I am working with SAS Enterprise Miner.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You would probably get more accurate answers in the SAS Data Mining community.

Data never sleeps
Benjamin8
Calcite | Level 5

OK, good hint 🙂 Could a moderator please be so kind and copy it to the Data Mining section?

JasonXin
SAS Employee
Benjamin8,

At the Merge node that probably is now bearing a RED box rim, right-mouse on the RED node, select Result . Then go to View menu at upper left corner. Go to SAS Results. Under there you can see log. Select Log. Search keyword. Tell us what the errors are in detail. Or you can take the errors to search in sas.com's knowledge base. Thanks. Jason Xin
Benjamin81
Calcite | Level 5

Dear JasonXin,

Thanks for Your help. With the log I could identify the error. It seems that the by-variable could only be selected for one table.

The data of two tables should be merged regarding one column. Maybe this is the wrong node for this.

Kind regards,

Benjamin

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Benjamin,

Check out the example in the reference help, and maybe that gives you a better idea of how this node works.

Press F1 when you are on Enterpise Miner. Once in the Reference Help look for the secition "Merge Node Example".

good luck!

-Miguel

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation