BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rogelio_mancisidor
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am assigning new variable roles in the interactive grouping window. Then I connect a scorcard node to the IGN, and when I run the scorecard node, all variable roles in the IGN are set to defult. So in a way the IGN is re-running and it is loosing the new roles that I have assigned.

Is it any other way to especify the variables to be passed to the scorecard node? or how do i fix what is happening?

8 REPLIES 8
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Rogelio,

When you change properties in a node, it re-runs stuff.

In your Interactive Grouping node set Use frozen groupings to Yes. This will prevent the Interactive Grouping node from re-running the groupings and overwrite what you had created.

Good luck!

-M

rogelio_mancisidor
Calcite | Level 5

That is the funny thing, the frozen groups option is set to 'YES' and I am not doing any changes at all. I just define new roles in the interactive window, close it, run the scorecard node, and that triggers re-runs in previous nodes, the IGN one of them.

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

wait up... maybe I didn't read this well the first time.

what you are doing is:

1. you click on the Interactive Grouping ellipsis.

2. You go to the Groupings tab and you change Variable Role from Default to Rejected.

3. You click apply

Is it this variable role that is not being honored? Where do you see that this role changed, in the scorecard?

rogelio_mancisidor
Calcite | Level 5

I see in the interation process in the scorecard node that the manually rejected variables entered into the model. In adition I can see that when i run the scorecard node, it triggers other nodes. As i said before, I have not done any change in any other node.

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Weird...

To expedite things, let's approach this from 2 ends. We can keep bouncing ideas on how to troubleshoot this, while you enter a Tech support form using this link: Technical Support Form.

Also please confirm

-how did you manually reject the variables? from the interactive grouping options (change from default to rejected and then click Apply)?

-on the results of the interactive grouping node, what are the roles in the Output Variables table? The column "calculated role" is overridden by the "new role" column.

For the example below, since I manually rejected "checking" the new role is rejected and it will not appear in the Scorecard. Can you do the same?

ign results - output variables.png

Thanks,

rogelio_mancisidor
Calcite | Level 5

I open the interactive grouping window from the property panel, and there i change the new role column to rejected. There is no apply botton, i simply close the interactive grouping window and it pop-up a window asking if i would like to save the changes, then I click yes.

I open the result window right after, and I can see that the new role colum has been overwritten and the manually rejected variables are indeed rejected.  So far, so good. Everything behaves as expected.

The problem arises when i run the scorecard node. It triggers other nodes, not only the previous IGN where I manually reject some variables, but also some others nodes before the IGN!

rogelio_mancisidor
Calcite | Level 5

I have changed the role in the variables window under the TRAIN property panel. This solves the problem of re-setting to default values the manually rejected variables. However, the scorecard node keeps re-running previous nodes and this makes the running time quite long!!

rogelio_mancisidor
Calcite | Level 5

I just realized that the problem is not generated by the scorecard node itself, but by somthing related to my project structure (I guess). I am thinking that it was some of the latest changes in my project what it is causing the IGN to re-run every time I run any node (without having make any changes what so ever). The way I realized this, is because I added a sas code righ after the IGN node. Then if I right click the sas code node and click 'run', this will re-run some previous nodes, the IGN node being one of them. The sas code is only an sql running towards the IGN.Train table. However, if I open the sas code node code editor window and run the code using F3, the node will not trigger any previous node.

Has any one experienced something similar, I mean that the miner is re-running nodes that havent been changed? is it any tool in the miner that can fix this issues/bugs?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation