Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

how to pivot data in enterprise miner?

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

how to pivot data in enterprise miner?

hello

im new to enterprise miner;

id like to know if this is posible to achieve the following in enterprise miner:

source data format:

policy_id  policy_type customer_id

1 house 1

2 vehicle 1

3 life 1

4 house 2

5 vehicle 2

6 life 2

desired layout

customer_id no_of_policies_house no_of_policies_vehicle no_of_policices_life

1 1 1 1

2 1 1 1

?

if yes, how can this be achieved?

i apprieciate any tips

thx

rgds

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-18-2015 10:55 AM
Super Contributor

Re: how to pivot data in enterprise miner?

Hey MB,

I don't think there is a way to transpose your data automatically in Enterprise Miner. Same as Jaap, I would prefer to do it in base SAS or Enterprise Guide.

How complex is this SAS transpose program that we need to write? Do you have a finite number of policy_type (house, vehicle, life), or your SAS program has to catch that? Are your records in order (by customer id)?

To get the transposed data set you want I would use a SAS data step with arrays.

This paper will get you started:     Sharpening your skills in reshaping data: proc transpose vs array processing

If you run into trouble, the guys on this community are the bomb!     SAS support community: SAS Macro, Data Step, and SAS Language Elements

This book is a fantastic read to start doing complex, efficient SAS programs in no time.     Carpenter's Complete Guide to the SAS Macro Language

Good luck!

-Miguel

View solution in original post

All Replies
Trusted Advisor

The Eminer is doing predictive analytics on prepared data. Preparing data is better to do with Eguide running SAS-base code.  Yes you could define basic code nodes in Eminer as you could bake eggs on an Ipad.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Solution
‎05-18-2015 10:55 AM
Super Contributor

Hey MB,

I don't think there is a way to transpose your data automatically in Enterprise Miner. Same as Jaap, I would prefer to do it in base SAS or Enterprise Guide.

How complex is this SAS transpose program that we need to write? Do you have a finite number of policy_type (house, vehicle, life), or your SAS program has to catch that? Are your records in order (by customer id)?

To get the transposed data set you want I would use a SAS data step with arrays.

This paper will get you started:     Sharpening your skills in reshaping data: proc transpose vs array processing

If you run into trouble, the guys on this community are the bomb!     SAS support community: SAS Macro, Data Step, and SAS Language Elements

This book is a fantastic read to start doing complex, efficient SAS programs in no time.     Carpenter's Complete Guide to the SAS Macro Language

Good luck!

-Miguel

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation