BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
userMB
Calcite | Level 5

hello

im new to enterprise miner;

id like to know if this is posible to achieve the following in enterprise miner:

source data format:

policy_id  policy_type customer_id

1 house 1

2 vehicle 1

3 life 1

4 house 2

5 vehicle 2

6 life 2

desired layout

customer_id no_of_policies_house no_of_policies_vehicle no_of_policices_life

1 1 1 1

2 1 1 1

?

if yes, how can this be achieved?

i apprieciate any tips

thx

rgds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hey MB,

I don't think there is a way to transpose your data automatically in Enterprise Miner. Same as Jaap, I would prefer to do it in base SAS or Enterprise Guide.

How complex is this SAS transpose program that we need to write? Do you have a finite number of policy_type (house, vehicle, life), or your SAS program has to catch that? Are your records in order (by customer id)?

To get the transposed data set you want I would use a SAS data step with arrays.

This paper will get you started:     Sharpening your skills in reshaping data: proc transpose vs array processing

If you run into trouble, the guys on this community are the bomb!     SAS support community: SAS Macro, Data Step, and SAS Language Elements

This book is a fantastic read to start doing complex, efficient SAS programs in no time.     Carpenter's Complete Guide to the SAS Macro Language

Good luck!

-Miguel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The Eminer is doing predictive analytics on prepared data. Preparing data is better to do with Eguide running SAS-base code.  Yes you could define basic code nodes in Eminer as you could bake eggs on an Ipad.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hey MB,

I don't think there is a way to transpose your data automatically in Enterprise Miner. Same as Jaap, I would prefer to do it in base SAS or Enterprise Guide.

How complex is this SAS transpose program that we need to write? Do you have a finite number of policy_type (house, vehicle, life), or your SAS program has to catch that? Are your records in order (by customer id)?

To get the transposed data set you want I would use a SAS data step with arrays.

This paper will get you started:     Sharpening your skills in reshaping data: proc transpose vs array processing

If you run into trouble, the guys on this community are the bomb!     SAS support community: SAS Macro, Data Step, and SAS Language Elements

This book is a fantastic read to start doing complex, efficient SAS programs in no time.     Carpenter's Complete Guide to the SAS Macro Language

Good luck!

-Miguel

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation