BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NicolasC
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi there

I created several scoring codes with sas miner that I am using on new datasets under sas guide. My target is interval (named amount). When I run the code(s), it creates several outputs (on top of the transformed variables IMP LOG etc...) such as P_amount, em_prediction, em_segment. P_amount and em_prediction seem to be the same, and correspond to the predicted value of amount for my new dataset. How is em_segment created and how does it relate to my predicted target value?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

It can represent either clusters from the Clustering node or the leaf from a Decision Tree. There might be other nodes that produce it, but those are probably the two most common. 

NicolasC
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your answer Wendy. Any of the models I use create these segments, whether they are decision trees or not. The number of segments (10, 20 etc...) are chosen (by me) in my model comparison node in SAS miner.  I am still wondering what they mean with regards to my interval target (or predicted one), how are they formed precisely? 

Thanks - Nicolas

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

The bins (segments) are based on quantile binning of your predicted target (P_target).

NicolasC
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Wendy for your answer. As far as I understood, these deciles (in case of score 1-10) are based on the validation data and the model keeps them as such. e.g when applying on a test database, they are not re-calculated as decile of the predicted target from the test data. I am afraid that this is quite dependent on the validation database, itself being a random selection of a larger database. Do you think this would make sense re-defining them as per the predicted target on each application?

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation