BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ken88
Calcite | Level 5

decision tree after cluster node for each cluster.

it asking me to set a target variable, but the cluster _SEGMENT_ is gray out., so I cannot set it

Any ideas?

Thank You

5 REPLIES 5
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Ken,

Please provide a little more background.

I frequently use decision trees to model each segment of a cluster node, but the target variable is not the segment variable.

For example for the German Credit data set I can add a cluster node that will give me X segments. For each segment I add a decision tree that will model the probability of default (variable BAD). Variable bad is the target, not the variable segment created by the cluster node.

Does that help? What are you trying to do?

Thanks,

Miguel

ken88
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to cluster the bank customer and then I want to use tree to model their assets

What are the steps to do this, after you get the result from Cluster Node?:

For each segment I add a decision tree that will model the probability of default (variable BAD).

Thank You

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

Maybe first use a Metadata node to change the ROLE of the _SEGMENT_ variable.

If I remember correctly the Cluster Node itself creates a small decision tree, where the target is the segment. You can use that tree to inspect your clusters or get approximate rules for you clusters.

ken88
Calcite | Level 5

Cluster Node itself creates a small decision tree, where the target is the segment?

I see a tree will all segment only, do you know where to get the tree for each segment individually?

Thank you

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

I think there is only this tree with the _SEGMENT_ variable in the target role. No individual trees for each segment.

Sorry, previously I thought you want to create a decision tree, to explore your clusters.

If you want one model for each segment: In this case you can use the Star/End Group nodes and get a segmented model. And then put a tree node between them.

Or you want to use the _SEGMENT_ variabel as an INPUT variable? This is also possible, you need to change the ROLE of the _SEGMENT_  variable to INPUT.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation