BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kaushal2040
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Forum,

I was wondering if anyone has the experience of importing data from  amazon cloud to SAS.

Thanks !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Quentin
Super User

Sorry, I don't understand your question.  I would start by finding out how the data are stored in AWS, and where.  If your colleague already has the data in AWS (s)he will need to give you this information, and they will need to give you set up an account so that you can access the data, and they will need to tell you how to connect to it.  So they should give you database name, account name, password, etc etc.  All the stuff you would normally need to connect to a database. From my little bit of playing, connecting to a database hosted in AWS is similar to connecting to database hosted on local physical server.  And you need to go through the same steps.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Quentin
Super User

Hi,

Can you explain more of your question?  Data in AWS could be stored in SQL server, Oracle, NoSQL, etc etc etc.

For fun last week I got a free AWS account and set up a SQL server instance.  Once it's set up, you can connect to it via ODBC so it's just like pulling data from any database, if you have the appropriate SAS/ACCESS license etc.

Kind Regards,

-Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
kaushal2040
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Quentin.

I was going to work with someone who does have data in AWS ( I don't have prior experience with AWS).  I don't know if he does have it in SQL server  or any other database.  Can you tell how do setup it in database?

Regards,

Quentin
Super User

Sorry, I don't understand your question.  I would start by finding out how the data are stored in AWS, and where.  If your colleague already has the data in AWS (s)he will need to give you this information, and they will need to give you set up an account so that you can access the data, and they will need to tell you how to connect to it.  So they should give you database name, account name, password, etc etc.  All the stuff you would normally need to connect to a database. From my little bit of playing, connecting to a database hosted in AWS is similar to connecting to database hosted on local physical server.  And you need to go through the same steps.

kaushal2040
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Quentin for the information.

Regards,