BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cfjdoedens
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

This is about how to get logic from Enterprise Miner into SAS base code.

I know it is possible to train and test in Enterprise Miner for example a support vector machine on some data set, and as a result have a trained recogniser. This recogniser can then be dumped as SAS base code, and used in SAS base (if one has the licenses for the used SAS procs).

Now is it possible, to build a complete graph in Enterprise Miner, that involves all the logic for the training and testing, and dump that into SAS base?

So the result would be SAS base code that can be fed a training data set, which then produces a trained recogniser.

Thanks for you answers!

Background:

My goal is to automatically build hundreds of different recognisers, in a standard way, from hundreds of different training sets, so I want to automate the process of producing recognisers, by coding it in SAS base. If I can not dump the graph from Enterprise Miner I will have to build it by hand in SAS base, using the right procs, and appropriate SAS base code. Would give me better control and cleaner code management anyway.

2 REPLIES 2
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

If you are asking about getting the accumulated score code from your Enterprise Miner flow, you can do that using the Score node.  See http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=emref&docsetTarget=n18m9qyz7h180kn1qnkhkjgwzu2e.htm&docset... for more information.

cfjdoedens
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Wendy.

Thanks for your answer!

However, no that is not what I want to accomplish.

I want to build a miner project, a graph so to speak, and dump it into SAS base code.

Then feed the dumped SAS base code my training data set, and then I expect as a result of that  a trained recogniser, which I can feed samples to score.

So when I feed the dumped miner project another traning data set, a different recogniser with different parameters might result.

Greetings, Crist-Jan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation