BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BETO
Fluorite | Level 6
I just discovered the help.zipcode file in SAS. I wanted to include the X and Y to to my data set but it keeps stating not found . The examples I have seen are. How do I pull for other items?
ZIPCITY(‘02138’) returns ‘Cambridge, MA’
ZIPSTATE(‘02138’) returns ‘MA’
ZIPNAME(‘02138’) returns ‘MASSACHUSETTS’
ZIPNAMEL(‘02138’) returns ‘Massachusetts’
ZIPFIPS(‘02138’) returns 25 (FIPS state code for Massachusetts
2 REPLIES 2
reneeharper
SAS Employee
I can't answer your question, but I can point you to the Resources in Maps Online. You will find Sample Programs, Tools and Sample Data in this area http://support.sas.com/rnd/datavisualization/mapsonline/html/resources.html.
Darrell_sas
SAS Employee

Proc Geocode (part of SAS/GRAPH) is probably what you are looking for.  It was added in SAS 9.2.  It does various forms of geocoding (address to location conversion) including ZIP Code and Street Address.

Given a data set that has a ZIP Code field/variable, it will add the Lat/Long values from sashelp.zipcode.

Note that ZIP Codes change frequently and updates to SASHELP.ZIPCODE are published Quarterly on the Maps Online site mentioned.

Other questions about ZIP Codes and Geocoding will get attention in the SAS/Graph community.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation