BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
eagles_dare13
Obsidian | Level 7

If I have a SAS transformation Step like Join/Extract and I use the Mappings tab to map Source and Target tables, and  I go to 'Code' tab
, I can see generated code.

When I switch to 'User Written Body' from 'Automatic' I can put in my own code that overrides those mappings. The default mappings are greyed out.

I know that when I run it, the code written by me will be executed over the one greyed out in 'User Written Body'.

The thing is, I was expecting the greyed out code to be commented, I just want to confirm that the greyed out code will be ignored.

3 REPLIES 3
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Try to post your question in the Data Management forum. You might have better chances there.

Good luck!

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

1. Make use of User Written Body is not best practice. I even wonder they put in that functionality at all...

2. You can make sure by executing your code...?

Data never sleeps
Quentin
Super User

My understanding is when you use user-written code in DIS, DIS shows the code it generated with a grey background, and the code you write has a white background.

The DIS-generated code with a grey background IS executed.  As you say, it is not commented out.

The grey background is just there to help you distinguish which code DIS generated, and which you wrote.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation