BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lauralawton
SAS Employee

SAS Global Forum 2016 just ended, but we are already looking ahead to 2017. We are in the planning stages for papers and presentations and would like your input. What topics would you like to see covered next year? Please be as specific as possible. This conference is for YOU, so we want to ensure the presentations hit the mark.

5 REPLIES 5
DarthPathos
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi!  I'd be really interested in data mining health care datasets - specifically, looking at questions like patient having multiple surgeries for the same condition, materials costing analysis for surgical procedures (for example, when Suture A is used with Dressing A, patient goes home 4 hours sooner).  Our hospital is small(ish) so we don't have a huge amount of data, but they are spread over multiple databases / platforms (about 12 different databases).  Please let me know if you would like any further information 🙂

Chris

Has my article or post helped? Please mark as Solution or Like the article!
lauralawton
SAS Employee

Hello DarthPathos,

Appreciate your data mining topics for the upcoming SAS Global Forum 2017. I'll make sure the organizers are aware of your suggestions.

Regards,

Laura

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi DarthPathos,

Now that SAS Global Forum 2017 content has been posted to the web site, I'm circling back on your suggested data mining health care topics to be covered at the conference. Here are a few somewhat related sessions that may interest you:

Also check out all the health care sessions, found in the session catalog.

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

DarthPathos
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

This is fantastic, thanks so much for following up!  unfortunately i won't be able to attend SGF but will be following up with the authors.  

Have a great evening and chat soon 🙂
Chris

Has my article or post helped? Please mark as Solution or Like the article!
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're not going! Sounds like a plan to follow up with the authors. Let me know if I can help make connections.

Have a great weekend!

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation