BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
curious2bmsmart
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

Meine Frage lautet: wie kann man im SAS Miner die Werte einer Input Variablen gewichten?

Es soll anscheinend eine weight Funktion geben, doch finden kann ich diese nicht.

Zur Erklärung was ich benötige: eine Variable in den Ausgangsdaten hat z.B. Werte zwischen 0 und 500.000, diese Werte sollen die verschiedenen Prämienhöhen darstellen. Nun möchte ich diese verschiedenen Werte mit einer Funktion automatisch gewichten lassen (die mit größerem Prämienwert gehen natürlich mit mehr Gewicht ein), bevor ich für ein multivariates Modell einen Entscheidungsbaum mit 2 Ästen und max. depth=7 und eine ‚stepwise Regression‘ auf alle Variablen anwende. Ich habe den Tipp bekommen, dass eine einfache Weight Function im Miner existiert, die das macht. Ich kann diese jedoch nicht finden. Meine Frage lautet nun, gibt es eine solche Funktion in einem Tabber und falls ja wo ist diese zu finden.

Vielen lieben Dank im Voraus! Freue mich auf hilfreiche Antworten von euch!

Und als Tipp: die FREQ Variable oder die Priors und Decision Weights im SAS Enterprise Miner oder Oversampling meine ich nicht!

Liebe Grüße.

****************************************************************************************************

In Englisch:

Hi!

My question is: how can you weight the values ​​of an input variable in SAS Miner?

It seems to give a weight function, but I can not find it.

To explain what I need: a variable in the output data has e.g. values ​​between 0 and 500.000, these values ​​are intended to represent the different premium levels. Now I would like to automatically weight these different values ​​with a function (the ones with higher premium value of course get more weight), before I use a decision tree with 2 branches and max. depth = 7 and apply a stepwise regression to all variables. I got the hint that there is a simple weight function in the miner that does that. I can not find these. My question is, is there such a function in a tabber and if so where is this to find.

Many thanks in advance! Looking forward to helpful answers from you!

And as a tip: I do not mean the FREQ variable or the Prior and Decision Weights in SAS Enterprise Miner or Oversampling!

Friendly greetings.

1 REPLY 1
MikeStockstill
SAS Employee

Hello curious2bmsmart -

Unfortunately, there is no general consensus in the data-mining community about how weighting should be handled in data-mining.  Thus, Enterprise Miner supports only frequencies, which you confirm are not what you want.

Thank you for your interest.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation