Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Variable Selection Node

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Variable Selection Node

I am trying to select variables using Variable Selection Node. I have a continuous target with nominal inputs. I set the Use Interaction property to NO. Yet the variables selected in Step 1 of the Variable Selection node are mostly inteaction terms. Can someone why I am getting the interaction terms? It does not matter whether I set Target Model to Default or R-Square criterion. Please see the attachment.  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-25-2017 06:34 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Variable Selection Node

Although you are seeing statistics reported for interaction effects from PROC DMINE, those aren't being exported when Use Interaction=No (look at the Variable Selection table, and you won't see them there).  You can see when Use Interaction=Yes, those interaction effects are exported as new inputs and included in the Variable Selection table.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-25-2017 06:34 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Although you are seeing statistics reported for interaction effects from PROC DMINE, those aren't being exported when Use Interaction=No (look at the Variable Selection table, and you won't see them there).  You can see when Use Interaction=Yes, those interaction effects are exported as new inputs and included in the Variable Selection table.

Contributor

Posted in reply to WendyCzika

Thanks! You are right.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation