Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Values to look for in Score node

Accepted Solution Solved
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Values to look for in Score node

I wanted to score a model using SAS Eminer. But I'm not certain about the values to understand whether the model has a good score.

Appreciate if you could shed some light on this.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-16-2017 01:52 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Values to look for in Score node

You can look at the results of the modeling node or use a Model Comparison node to see how well that model fits the training data (and validation/test data if you have those partitions). Then if you connect a score data set to the Score node along with the model you want to score with, then you will get new column(s) containing the predictions using that model.  But I'm not sure if I'm answering your question?

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

Do you mean you want to assess a model where the target is known, or you want to score new data to create predictions where you don't have a target?

Super Contributor

Posted in reply to WendyCzika
I want to score a new data where the target is unknow.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Solution
‎06-16-2017 01:52 PM
SAS Super FREQ

You can look at the results of the modeling node or use a Model Comparison node to see how well that model fits the training data (and validation/test data if you have those partitions). Then if you connect a score data set to the Score node along with the model you want to score with, then you will get new column(s) containing the predictions using that model.  But I'm not sure if I'm answering your question?

Super Contributor

Posted in reply to WendyCzika
What value we need to look in the results? Higher the value better the
model?

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
SAS Super FREQ

For most of the Fit Statistics (misclassification rate, anything with "error" in it), smaller is better.  In ROC and Lift plots, higher is better.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation