BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
euser
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

I'm working through a regression exercise in Miner and have a bunch of independent binomial variables with a binomial target.  All the binomial variables have been coded 0 and 1, with 1's indicating YES.  By default, does the regression node (logistic regression) in Miner calculate the estimates against the 0's, instead of the 1's?  I'm finding that the signs for the binomials are opposite of what they should be, while the signs for the interval independents seem correct.

Please let me know if additional clarification is required.

Thanks in advance,

Sidney

2 REPLIES 2
jwexler
SAS Employee

Hi can you send a snapshot of your model?  Are you talking about the target variable being coded 1/0 as backwards, or the independent variables?  Target variables are automatically sorted descending to find the value of interest, so by default "1" would be the target.

Thanks!

Jonathan

jwexler
SAS Employee

One more item to add, there is an option in EM that specifies how you handle 'Input Coding', meaning there are 2 methods to create dummy variables (Deviation and GLM).  Depending on the method, interpreting the coefficients would be different.  Your user guide explains how to interpret.  That may explain your issue.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation