BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SGhosh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

Is there a way to know the significant for each variable? I see in the output window that most influencing variables has maximum of wald chi square. However, I am trying to figure out how these variables are influencing. For example I did this manual calculation and here is the outcome:

member_age_grpreg_rate_Controlreg_rate_TestLift
18-244.3%4.9%13.5%
25-345.4%5.9%8.6%
35-444.5%4.6%1.6%
45-543.6%3.6%(0.0%)
55-642.5%3.6%

41.7%

•Members who are 55-64 years old show significant lift in registration rates (41.7%) from receiving the letter. Members between 45-54 doesn't show any lift in terms of receiving letters and this could be because of low sample size

But how could I figure out this lift from SAS EMiner. Can something like this (anything that could show how a veriable is influencing the model or the lift) though the EM_ variables?

Thanks a lot again!

Soma

1 REPLY 1
Ruiwen
SAS Employee

If I understand correctly, what you need is to calculate the netlift by certain variable, like "age" in your example. We don't provide it in the node, but you can obtain the percentage by calling proc freq or using data step code.

The Net Weight of Evidence (NWOE) plot in the Results window shows the absolute NWOE at each level for categorical variables. You can see how the levels of a variable differentiate between the control group and treatment group in terms of WOE.

Hope this helps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation