BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ChrisLemberg
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am developing some Datamining-Models with Enterprise Miner 5.3.

In order to score my data within Enterprise Guide, I use the Model Package functuality.

I am wondering what happens when I update the underlying Datamining-Modell - does the Model Package update too?

And if not how can I update the Model Package?

I hope you can help me.

Greetings

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

Chris, 

That is a great question.  The model package you create at a given point in time represents the current model at that time.  It is stored in an .SPK file (really just a specially structured .ZIP file) that can be read by SAS Enterprise Miner.  This model package is not updated but it can be replaced either by you or by another SAS tool that might refit the model at a later time.  If you fit a new model, you should create a new model package which will contain the updated results.

I hope this helps!

Doug  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

Chris, 

That is a great question.  The model package you create at a given point in time represents the current model at that time.  It is stored in an .SPK file (really just a specially structured .ZIP file) that can be read by SAS Enterprise Miner.  This model package is not updated but it can be replaced either by you or by another SAS tool that might refit the model at a later time.  If you fit a new model, you should create a new model package which will contain the updated results.

I hope this helps!

Doug  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation