BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TomaszZ_
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

In Enterprise Miner I am using Transform Variables node.

After performing automatic transformation results window shows formula which has been applied (ex. below).

Input Name                          Role      Level      Name                                 Level            Formula

description_length                  INPUT    INTERVAL    SQRT_description_length             INTERVAL    Sqrt(_SCALEVAR_)

document_length                     INPUT    INTERVAL    SQRT_document_length                INTERVAL    Sqrt(_SCALEVAR_)

keydown_repeatable                  INPUT    INTERVAL    LOG_keydown                         INTERVAL    log(_SCALEVAR_  + 1)

Does anyone know what _SCALEVAR_ means in this context? It looks like variable have been standarised - but these is only my guess.

Thanks in advance for your help.

T.

2 REPLIES 2
Saxivore
Calcite | Level 5

Took me ages to work this one out ...  It's the transformation of the Scaled variable.  Which is (x-min)/(max-min).  Turns it into values from 0 to 1.

Amruta
Calcite | Level 5

Saxivore said it correctly. The transform node scales the variable in the range 0 to 1. To look at the exact formula you can add a SCORE node after the tranformation node and in the output window go to the SAS CODE window. This is the place where you can see the exact numbers used to scale your variables.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Amruta

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation