BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hassan_masood90
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

I had a data set which had to be log transformed. After that i applied the clustering node and viewed the results. When viewing the output i cannot figure how to scale the variables back to dollar amounts so its understandable. For example in the segment plot, all the bars have ranges which are in log units. Is there a way to view the segment plot with the $ amounts? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
art297
Opal | Level 21

If you used the log() function to do the transformation, can't you just use the exp() function to untransform them?

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

hassan_masood90
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

That is what i do before i attach the graph explore node and the segment profile node to the cluster node. However, for the cluster node itself, is there a way to view results as exponential values without having to attach a transformation node?

okla
Fluorite | Level 6

Plot a graph with your before transformed and after transformed variable... with that you can see where the scale and direction of the variable. If you want more details, create a table with before and transformed value side by side... then it can be easily compare. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation