BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Peder
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I want to check if some temperature data that I have are correlated, and I suspect there is a time-dependent lag.

I have tried the time-series analysis using cross correlation, but either I don't understand how to do it or something is wrong.

Finally I tested with the following data columns, where there should be full correlation for a lag of 7 rows:

A      A+7

1        8

2        9

3        10

4        11

etc.

What I got just doesn't make sense. There should be some way to see a full correlation of the data for a lag of 7.

lag7.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jwexler
SAS Employee

Hi, I received a response from one of my R&D colleagues:

EM 13.1 includes the cross-correlation analysis in TS Correlation node.

However, EM users can do   cross correlation analysis using proc timeseries if they have ETS license.

The following pseudo code will calculate cross-correlation between t1  and t2.

proc timeseries data=yourdata   outcrosscorr=_out ;

id  MNTH_YR interval=MONTH accumulate=TOTAL;

var  t1;

crosscorr CCF CCFNORM lag n / nlag=24 ;

crossvar  t2;

run;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jwexler
SAS Employee

Hi, I received a response from one of my R&D colleagues:

EM 13.1 includes the cross-correlation analysis in TS Correlation node.

However, EM users can do   cross correlation analysis using proc timeseries if they have ETS license.

The following pseudo code will calculate cross-correlation between t1  and t2.

proc timeseries data=yourdata   outcrosscorr=_out ;

id  MNTH_YR interval=MONTH accumulate=TOTAL;

var  t1;

crosscorr CCF CCFNORM lag n / nlag=24 ;

crossvar  t2;

run;

Peder
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you.

I am looking for an answer in SAS JMP.

Unless I am doing somewhing wrong the Time Series lag correlation is not working.

I have tested Minitab, where it is working as it should.

jwexler
SAS Employee

Your welecome.  I would recommend the JMP Coomunity https://communities.sas.com/community/support-communities/jmp_software

If that doesn't work, try filing a Tech Support track at support.sas.com.  They can look at your code and walk you through any remediation steps.

Thanks,

Jonathan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation