BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
paradigm_fellow
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I know that the regression node in SAS Enterprise Miner does not allow us to change the class references groups. However, EM picks a references group for you. What is the reasoning behind picking a specific group for a class variable?

Just to let everyone know, I am running a series of logistic regression and I am using EM 13.2.

3 REPLIES 3
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Have you tried the HPGLM node?

You can set Reference Level as User Defined and then use Reference Level menu to set choose the reference level.

I hope it helps,

Miguel

paradigm_fellow
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for the reply and the help. I was able to do it on HPGLM. However, I now have a new problem. It is not giving me odds ratios. Is there a way to get the odds ratios in HPGLM?

Respectfully,

Frank

Funda_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Frank,

If your goal is to get the odds ratios, I recommend you to use PROC LOGISTIC. This PROC also enables you to change reference levels for your class variables.

The reason why HPGLM node does not provide odds ratios is that it runs on the HPGENSELECT procedure. High-performance statistical procedures (procs start with HP) and EM nodes are designed for predictive modeling and other large-data tasks, they do not implement all of the inferential features that are available in corresponding traditional SAS procedures.

Hope you find this useful!

Funda

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation