BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SatishG
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I’m using %TMFILTER macro to read PDF files from a directory on my system to create a SAS data set. Some of these  PDFs are scanned copies.The macro reads some of these scanned files but is not reading others.These PDFs are omitted while creating the data set.

In the log file, I see this message for the omitted files:

File could not be filtered: C:\Acads\SAS\XYZ.pdf

Also, on the cmd.exe screen that shows up when we run the macro, I see this error message:

<error value = "EXRunReport returned error code 960, &apos;exception occurred.........os;: 3rd party filter failed "/>

I don't understand what this error is saying. Appreciate any help in identifying this error.

Thanks,

Satish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnnKuo
SAS Employee

Hi Satish,

The TMFILTER macro relies on the SAS Document Conversion server to extract plain text from various file formats such as PDF, MS/Word, TEXT, HTML/XML, ... etc.  However, it can not convert image files that are scanned copies of PDF files.  The message you are seeing in the Log informs you which file fails to be converted.  In your case, it is most likely because your files are image files.

Hope this helps!

Ann

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AnnKuo
SAS Employee

Hi Satish,

The TMFILTER macro relies on the SAS Document Conversion server to extract plain text from various file formats such as PDF, MS/Word, TEXT, HTML/XML, ... etc.  However, it can not convert image files that are scanned copies of PDF files.  The message you are seeing in the Log informs you which file fails to be converted.  In your case, it is most likely because your files are image files.

Hope this helps!

Ann

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation