BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pablorios
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Where can I find the full specification of PROC TREEBOOST ? I would need all the options of this procedure documented. I could only find this example from @JasonXin, but this is not the full documentation of it.

Thanks

Pablo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pablorios
Fluorite | Level 6

The authors of the paper above referred me to an official SAS document where the PROC TREEBOOST is specified, and is this one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

To be honest I've never heard of Proc Treeboost before but there's another paper here with some documentation and discussion about it http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/0847-2017.pdf

pablorios
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks ! The PROC TREEBOOST is supposed to be the procedure used by the Gradient Boosting node in Enterprise Miner (EM), but I need to automate the optimization of its parameters using SAS code to avoid doing it manually from EM, ie.: search over a combination of ITERATIONS, SHRINKAGE, TRAINPROPORTION, etc. values from a SAS macro, instead of changing values from the node properties window in EM and running the flow manually each time I change a setting.

I will contact the the authors of the paper you're referring to to understand where did they get the specification of PROC TREEBOOST from; there are several properties of the EM Gradient Boosting node not used/mentioned in the paper.

It's really strange this procedure PROC TREEBOOST is not in the official SAS documentation.

pablorios
Fluorite | Level 6

The authors of the paper above referred me to an official SAS document where the PROC TREEBOOST is specified, and is this one.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation