BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Csands
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I use logistic regression in SAS Base to develop Credit Risk models. I did some research about Enterprise Miner and the methodologies it uses to develop Scorecard’s (Scorecard node), and notice that the default methodology is to use the WOE in the logistic regression as the independent variables.

Can anyone share with me some documentation about:

• the math’s behind the usage of WOE in the logistic regression
  • the interpretation of the scorecard points when using WOE as independent variable
  • the relation between using the grouped variable and the WOE

What I found is similar to this SAS doc https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/emcsgs/66008/PDF/default/emcsgs.pdf and it doesn't answer to my questions, the focus is not on the statistics but in SAS Miner developing.

Thanks in advance for the help

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JasonXin
SAS Employee
Hi, I assume you don't have EM yet. Here is except from EM User Guide that hopefully covers your questions. Jason Xin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JasonXin
SAS Employee
Hi, I assume you don't have EM yet. Here is except from EM User Guide that hopefully covers your questions. Jason Xin
Csands
Calcite | Level 5
Hi. Your assumption is correct 🙂 , I don't have SAS EM yet. But when trying to understand how do the scorecard done with SAS EM get like this
ExampleScorecard.png
Csands
Calcite | Level 5
(Sorry I sent the previous message by mistake, and I don’t know how to delete it. So I will continue in this message) When trying to understand how do the scorecard’s done with SAS EM get like the one in attach I found some difficulties. In the scorecards I develop, I always get a model with a constant and in the coefficients for each of the categorical variables I always get one that is zero (I use param=GLM). My models are always something like this: Constant 2.8 Var1_1 0.5 Var1_1 0.3 Var1_1 0 Var2_1 -1.3 Var2_1 0 The doc you sent me will help me to understand why I don’t have a zero coefficient (I still have to study it in more detail). As the coefficients impact with the model constant, that’s probably why the model doesn’t have a constant, but I don’t understand why. Thanks for taking the time to help me C
ExampleScorecard.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation