BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Xiaoping
Calcite | Level 5

Hi here,

I've used the SAS EM to create predictive models, the best model is the one using Dtree for variable selection and then import to the HP forest. in my case, we need to package the model to re-run in another environments (ie, dep / prod environment).

It looks like that the HPForest node creates the model result in a .bin file, but we cannot see/copy the file in the Unix environment. however,  the bin file can be used to score a new dataset,  we just cannot see it. I've asked our SAS admin person, they said the .bin not created at all. Just wondering, how should we transfer this .bin with the SAS code to another environment (ie, Prod environment) to score new data set?

cheers,

2 REPLIES 2
MartinBoland
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

After puzzling about this for some time we found the answer: It seems the length of the file path for the score file is limited to 128. Our file path length is (was) longer than 128 so was being truncated. We 'found' the score file in the path that was 128 characters long.

Mystery solved 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation