Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Sas connection to powerbi

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sas connection to powerbi

How to connect sas with powerbi??How to read sas file data in powerbi

Attachment

Accepted Solutions
Solution
3 weeks ago
Super User

Re: Sas connection to powerbi

Usually, third party vendor SW cannot read SAS files directly, tablau being an exception.

So you need either a SAS user export the data to format convenient for you, like CSV?

If you need a more robust and constant solution, you can read SAS data via ODBC, which requires a local SAS installation, or a SAS Server running SAS/SHARE or SAS SPD Server.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Two-fold response:

• In what format do you store data which PowerBI can read? I don't know (Microsoft) PowerBI, so I'll assume it cannot natively read SAS data sets, in which case the data will need to be saved to a more common data format (or MS-compatible) database.
  • Side-by-side with format is location: where do you store the data so that powerbi can access it? Can PowerBI access the filesystem where the SAS data set resides?

To help us to help you, please tell us more about your SAS installation - what products you have installed, etc?

Solution
3 weeks ago
Super User

Usually, third party vendor SW cannot read SAS files directly, tablau being an exception.

So you need either a SAS user export the data to format convenient for you, like CSV?

If you need a more robust and constant solution, you can read SAS data via ODBC, which requires a local SAS installation, or a SAS Server running SAS/SHARE or SAS SPD Server.

Data never sleeps
Occasional Contributor

Actullay i retrived  the data of  sas file using R script,can u tel me how to read sas using odbc

It assumes you have "SAS/Access to ODBC" licensed, and depends on how you have ODBC configured, but if both are there, then it should be as simple as:

libname MyLib odbc dsn="ODBC settings";

.. give or take a few additional parameters (username, password).

Suggest you read:

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation