BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kvyas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am from India and having more than 7 years of experience in creating client presentations and other routine research works like pre-sales, research reports and pitch books.

Now, i am planning to learn SAS so that i can work well with the complex data and also learn the analytic through SAS so that I can give more meaningful analysis from the complex set of data. Since, I am from a non-technical background (being a BBA and MBA student), Can i go and learn SAS (basic and advanced). How that will be useful. What i should ask the coaching center to teach me and how can i benefited form SAS.

Can someone please guide me on this.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Kyvas,

SAS is the #1tool to do Analytics. And it is also a great time to learn it no matter your background... SAS University is offering the SAS programming essentials for free. I have seen people from all walks of life master SAS basics in matter of weeks.

My advice: get familiarized with SAS through SAS University and then decide which learning path is right for you. To give you a quick example, two of my favorite SAS products are SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Forecast Studio. Enterprise Miner is the best tool to do data mining and data science. It took me from zero to hero in Analytics in no time. Forecast server is my go-to for forecasting, and it makes it really easy for me to analyze time series data even if I am not a statistician and I know almost nothing about econometrics. At this point it is really hard to know if Enterprise Miner or Forecast Server would be the next step for you after you are familiar with SAS (aka Base SAS or SAS Studio). You can decide your next step later.

For now check out SAS University, and SAS white papers and demos all over the internet. Try googling SAS and any industry, any problem, and I am pretty sure you will find something really good. In the meantime, you might find useful:

SAS Tutorials | SAS Training

SAS Training - Find a Course: Learning Paths

A strong advantage for you as an MBA is that you are familiar with solving problems in a case scenario. Most of my MBA friends know what analysis they need in order to make a decision. That's great! Folks like me build more analysis than we need to... Sometimes just to make sure... Smiley Happy

communityonline.png

More information on SAS U download for independent learners in this link: SAS Analytics U | SAS

Connect with me on linkedin and I will suggest you some SAS products, papers/tutorials and solutions that might be particularly interesting.

Good luck,

Miguel

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Kyvas,

also check out these videos! these are a really cool resource too!

Knowledge Base Video Portal

http://support.sas.com/rnd/app/video/index.html

Thanks,

Miguel

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation