BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
redbridge2003
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am a bit confused about the two products. We recently obtained several evaluation licences for SAS Enterprise Miner 14,.2 . I thought that the Text Miner is part of the Enterprise Miner (just change of name and add non-text data mining). I think my hypothesis is incorrect?? I am more interested into what the Text Mining can do within SAS (tmspell, spell etc) and I think the Text Miner contains some parsing routines too. Are these routines available for Enterprise Miner or these (Text Miner) will need to be purchased as a separate licence to be used in the Enterprise Miner (Flow). I have never used Enterprise guide, so enterprise miner is a bit new to me already. I also saw some documentation saying that there are High performance text mining procedures included in the Enterprise Miner and these procedures are different from the "standard" procedures since it takes advantages of multi-tread or something. Are these HP text mining procedures are available to use as part of the Enterprise Miner installation?

If I have been told that Entperise Miner is already, what are actually included in terms of Text Mining? 

Thanks

Anthony

2 REPLIES 2
simran_bagga_sas_com
SAS Employee

Hi,

SAS Text Miner is enabled within SAS Enterprise Miner so users can create a flow that analyzes both structured data and unstructured text. Output from text analysis/mining can feed into data mining and machine learning algorithms that are a part of Enterprise Miner.

However, this capability is not included with the Enterprise Miner license alone. Text mining and HP Text Mining require SAS Text Miner to be licensed.  Adding the Text Miner license to Enterprise Miner enables text mining nodes within the same GUI that allow for parsing (NLP), topic generation, text clusters and Boolean rules among other capabilities. Your account team can help you with licensing and additional details on available features.

Hope this addresses your questions.

Regards, 

Simran

redbridge2003
Calcite | Level 5

thanks.

I contacted my group and they are going to ask for the Text Miner licence also.

Anthony

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation