BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KimLeBouton
Quartz | Level 8

Okay, I give, where is the complete documentation in Enterprise Guide 4.3 for SAS Rapid Predictive Modeler, as noted in http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/whatsnew/62580/HTML/default/viewer.htm#rpmwhatsnew902.ht...?

I did the electronic download in January and am running EG 4.3 (4.3.011182) Hot fix 14.

I also was unable to find the "complete usage documentation" in Excel 2003. 

Both Enterprise Guide 4.3 and Excel have documentation for Model Scoring, which is the other option under the Data Mining Task.

TIA,

Kim LeBouton

5 REPLIES 5
art297
Opal | Level 21

Kim,

You probably won't like my response to your question, but I found the following line in the documentation:

"Help for SAS Enterprise Guide is accessible within the product."

Art

KimLeBouton
Quartz | Level 8

I guess I should further clarify my initial post, but I can't find any documentation in the product--and trust me, I've tried!!!  :smileycry:

Kim

art297
Opal | Level 21

Kim,

I wasn't be facitious.  Like you, I couldn't find anything.  In fact, what I quoted, was from the EG documentation index:

SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3

Note: SAS 9.3 shipped in July 2011. SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3 runs on SAS 9.2 and SAS 9.3. For more information, see Frequently asked questions about SAS 9.3 and SAS Enterprise Guide.

• What's New in SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3 [HTML]
  • Tutorial: Getting Started with SAS Enterprise Guide [HTML]
  • List of SAS Tasks and Associated SAS Procedures and Licenses [HTML]
  • For administration documentation, see the document for your SAS release.
    • If you are running SAS 9.2, see "Administering SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3"
      PDF (945KB)  |   HTML
    • If you are running SAS 9.3, see "Administering SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3" in SAS 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Desktop Administration Application Guide.[HTML]
      Note: This chapter now supersedes and replaces the document "Administering SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3."
  • Help for SAS Enterprise Guide is accessible within the product.

Rapid Predictive Modeler is supposedly described in the EM documentation, but it basically has the same index, ending with the phrase Help for SAS Enterprise Miner is accessible within the product.

KimLeBouton
Quartz | Level 8

I just submitted the same question with Tech Support.

I guess this forum isn't as active with SAS folks as some of the other forums.  :smileyshocked:

Thanks for your follow-up question,

Kim

WayneThompson
SAS Employee

When you open the Rapid Predictive Modeler task select the help button on the task.  Totally agree that we should add the help into the main EG online help.   Here is an SGF paper http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/113-2010.pdf

The best way to learn how the models are developed is to run them from EG (AMO ) and then review them in EM.  Good luck.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation