BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BenDSW
Calcite | Level 5

Dear SAS folks,

I am trying to get accustomed to the SAS Miner (12.1) program and followed the instructions of the 'Getting started'-tutorial, which uses the 'Donor_raw_data' file. I managed to get to the point of running the StatExplore node, which leads to a note 'Running...' showing up in the bottom indefinitely, no error messages, no results ("Node execution was stopped on request.") and a log that is not very informative.

The log only reports the following interesting part:

-----

filename _wipxml '***\Lev1\***\Prc2\DiagramGetReportMetadata.xml' encoding="UTF-8" NOBOM;

WARNING: End of file.

WARNING: End of file.

%let SYSCC=0;

%let SYSRC=0;

%let EMEXCEPTIONSTRING=;

%let SYSMSG=;

%em_diagram(action=getreportsmeta, projpath=%nrstr(***\Lev1\SASTest\testit), projname=%nrstr(testit), dgmId=EMWS3, nodeid=Stat, outfile=DiagramGetReportMetadata.xml);

NOTE: Fileref _DGMFRF has been deassigned.

WIP_ACTION: GETREPORTSMETA

DGMID: EMWS3

LOCKFILE: ***\Lev1\SASTest\testit\testit\Workspaces\EMWS3\System\wsopen.lck

data _null_;

set EMWS3.EM_NODEID;

where upcase(NODEID)=upcase("Stat");

call symput('_EMCLASS', CLASS);

run;

NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set EMWS3.EM_NODEID.

WHERE UPCASE(NODEID)='STAT';

NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):

real time           0.00 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

filename _wipxml '***\Lev1\***\Prc2\DiagramGetReportMetadata.xml' encoding="UTF-8" NOBOM;

-----

And in the DiagramGetReportMetadata.xml file I find the following:

-----

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><_ROOT_ EMVERSION="12.1" >

<LAYOUT  ORIENTATION="HORIZONTAL" NOTES="***\Lev1\SASTest\testit\testit\Workspaces\EMWS3\EMNOTES.txt"

>

<NODES >

<NODE  CLASS="SASHELP.EMSAMP.IDS.CLASS" COMPONENT="DataSource" ID="Ids" X="324" Y="260"

DESCRIPTION="DONOR_RAW_DATA" DIAGRAMID="_ROOT_" PARENTID="">

<PROPERTIES  DataSource="donorrawdata" Scope="LOCAL" Role="RAW" Library="***" Table="DONOR_RAW_DATA"

NCols="50" NObs="19372" NBytes="." Segment="" DataSourceRole="RAW" OutputType="VIEW"

ForceRun="N" ComputeStatistics="N" DataSelection="DATASOURCE" NewTable="" MetaAdvisor="BASIC"

ApplyIntervalLevelLowerLimit="Y" IntervalLowerLimit="20" ApplyMaxPercentMissing="Y"

MaxPercentMissing="50" ApplyMaxClassLevels="Y" MaxClassLevels="20" IdentifyEmptyColumns="Y"

VariableValidation="STRICT" NewVariableRole="REJECT" DropMapVariables="Y" DsId="donorrawdata"

DsSampleName="" DsSampleSizeType="" DsSampleSize="" DsCreatedBy="***" DsCreateDate="***"

DsModifiedBy="***" DsModifyDate="***" DsScope="LOCAL" Sample="D" SampleSizeType="PERCENT"

SampleSizePercent="20" SampleSizeObs="10000" DBPassThrough="Y" RunAction="Train"

Component="DataSource" RawCreateTime="***" CreateTime="***"

Description="" Data="***.DONOR_RAW_DATA" CMeta="***" LastRunMessage="exception.server.NOMPCONNECT"

Run="Y" LastRunStatus="FAIL" NeedRun="Y" NeedUpdate="N" ComputeHost="" NotesFile="***\Lev1\SASTest\testit\testit\Workspaces\EMWS3\Ids\EMNOTES.txt"

>

<VariableProperties/>

<FileProperties/>

</PROPERTIES>

<ImportPorts >

<Port  name="DATA" role="" sourceNode="" sourcePort="">

<DataTable  name="***.DONOR_RAW_DATA" exist="Y"/>

<MetadataTable  name="EMWS3.Ids_EMCMETADEFAULT" exist="Y"/>

</Port>

</ImportPorts>

<ExportPorts >

<Port  name="DATA" role="RAW">

<DataTable  name="EMWS3.Ids_DATA" exist="N"/>

<MetadataTable  name="EMWS3.Ids_CMeta_DATA" exist="Y"/>

</Port>

</ExportPorts>

</NODE>

<NODE  CLASS="SASHELP.EMEXPL.STATEXPLORE.CLASS" COMPONENT="StatExplore" ID="Stat" X="566"

Y="263" DESCRIPTION="StatExplore" DIAGRAMID="_ROOT_" PARENTID="">

<PROPERTIES  BySegment="N" Correlation="Y" Spearman="N" Pearson="Y" ChiSquare="Y" ChiSquareInterval="Y"

ChiSquareIntervalNBins="5" MaximumVars="1000" HideVariable="Y" DropRejected="Y" UseValidate="N"

UseTest="N" UseScore="N" NObs="100000" IntervalDistribution="Y" ClassDistribution="Y"

LevelSummary="Y" ForceRun="N" RunAction="Train" Component="StatExplore" RawCreateTime="***"

CreateTime="***" LastRunMessage="" Run="Y" LastRunStatus="KILL" NeedRun="Y"

NeedUpdate="N" ComputeHost="" NotesFile="***\Lev1\SASTest\testit\testit\Workspaces\EMWS3\Stat\EMNOTES.txt"

>

<VariableProperties/>

<FileProperties ><![CDATA[

CROSSTAB

]]>

</FileProperties></PROPERTIES>

<ImportPorts >

<Port  name="DATA" role="RAW" sourceNode="Ids" sourcePort="DATA">

<DataTable  name="EMWS3.Ids_DATA" exist="N"/>

<MetadataTable  name="EMWS3.Ids_CMeta_DATA" exist="Y"/>

</Port>

<Port  name="VALIDATE" role="" sourceNode="" sourcePort="">

<DataTable  name="" exist="N"/>

<MetadataTable  name="" exist="N"/>

</Port>

<Port  name="TEST" role="" sourceNode="" sourcePort="">

</Port>

<Port  name="SCORE" role="" sourceNode="" sourcePort="">

</Port>

</ImportPorts>

<ExportPorts >

<Port  name="TRAIN" role="TRAIN">

<DataTable  name="EMWS3.Stat_TRAIN" exist="N"/>

<MetadataTable  name="EMWS3.Stat_CMeta_TRAIN" exist="Y"/>

</Port>

<Port  name="VALIDATE" role="VALIDATE">

<DataTable  name="EMWS3.Stat_VALIDATE" exist="N"/>

<MetadataTable  name="EMWS3.Stat_CMeta_VALIDATE" exist="N"/>

</Port>

<Port  name="TEST" role="TEST">

<DataTable  name="EMWS3.Stat_TEST" exist="N"/>

<MetadataTable  name="EMWS3.Stat_CMeta_TEST" exist="N"/>

</Port>

<Port  name="SCORE" role="SCORE">

<DataTable  name="EMWS3.Stat_SCORE" exist="N"/>

<MetadataTable  name="EMWS3.Stat_CMeta_SCORE" exist="N"/>

</Port>

</ExportPorts>

</NODE>

</NODES>

<CONNECTIONS >

<CONNECTION  FROM="Ids" TO="Stat"/>

</CONNECTIONS>

<RUNSTATUS  LASTSTATUS="FAILED" STATUS="COMPLETED" FAILEDERROR="exception.server.NOMPCONNECT"

FAILEDNODE="Ids" LAST_ALIVE="0">

<RUNNING/>

<COMPLETED/>

<FAILED >

<NODE  Id="Ids"/>

</FAILED>

<CANCELLED >

<NODE  Id="Stat"/>

</CANCELLED>

</RUNSTATUS>

</LAYOUT>

</_ROOT_>

-----

The *** in the above lines replaces confidential info.

As far as I can guess.. the exception nompconnect, means that there is no multi-process connection. Another possibility is that the java version is not compatible (as far as I can tell from issues reported by others). Hopefully, someone could point out whether the configuration is incorrect and how this issue can be solved.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenDSW
Calcite | Level 5

Fortunately, I came into contacts with some experts that managed to address the problem. I am not quite sure about the details of the solution, but I believe it came down to a workaround that involved increasing the number of threads available for SAS Miner.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

There is something to be  checked/verified.  The MPconnect error I have seen before with Eminer.

Some nodes of Eminer are able to use the MPconnect facility as described with SAS/Connect SAS/CONNECT(R) 9.3 User's Guide

It starts an other sas session on the same machine using the signon command.  Mpconnect using that way only makes sense with asynchronous processing that is set by the sas system option noconnectwait.
The maximum number of parallel sessions can be set at the SAS metadatalevel where a dedicated Enterpriser miner items are created at the moment of a start of the rmi interface (using the configured unrestricted sasadmin with psw).

Do you wan to use EGuide and Mpconnect it is logical to set the system option default tot noconnectwait. You can try the functionality MPconnect manual with some code.
When this works with sas basic coding (In my case it did) than the question is why it would not wit Eminer,

During opening of a Eminer project al lot of code is activated by including that from some locations. The code for using mp-connect is hidden there somewhere.
It uses a signon statement for mp-connect but is/was expecting a synchronous mode setting. When this is not the case all checks will fail resulting in a mpconnect error message.
If this is the same in your case, you can reset this by adding a option connectwait in your eminer startupcode.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
BenDSW
Calcite | Level 5

Fortunately, I came into contacts with some experts that managed to address the problem. I am not quite sure about the details of the solution, but I believe it came down to a workaround that involved increasing the number of threads available for SAS Miner.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Ben,

That setting is found back using the SMC as part of the EM solution. A real platform admin is knowing that.

When the RMI-server is started it will logon to the sasmetadata (unrestricted admin) and set some special attribute for EMiner fo each WS server process.
Some settings are:

- The standard root location of your physical path of a EM-project.
- The path location in the SAS metadata where things are getting registered.
- The number of maximum nodes of parallel processing  (MP-connect) allowed for each WS server.

As you are possible seen as some kind of jerk by IT people they are putting a lot of limitations on you.
No shell or ftp,  no parallel processing  etc.  You probably find someone opening up some limitations.

I would think on a advice having a good collaboration and some communication with a technical SAS guru as being standard in your organization.

http://blogs.sas.com/content/corneroffice/2014/06/25/4-tips-for-modern-cios/

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation