BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bengikoseoglu
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am currently working on a project in Miner. In the project I am using several variable selection methods such as desicion tree, variable clustering and variable selection. Each of these methods choose different variables and I would like combine all these variables together. In the internet it says that you could do that with using metadata node, however it did not work. When I try using, it only takes variables as inputs from the first node i drag the line to the metadata node.

Am I using the right node? Is there any other node or way I can combine these nodes together? 

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Have you changed the Combine Rule property in the Metadata node to something other than None?  That is the critical piece.  This is probably the article you saw already, but posting the link to it just in case, as it has more details: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/using-multiple-variable-selection-methods-sas-enterprise-melodie-rush.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Have you changed the Combine Rule property in the Metadata node to something other than None?  That is the critical piece.  This is probably the article you saw already, but posting the link to it just in case, as it has more details: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/using-multiple-variable-selection-methods-sas-enterprise-melodie-rush.

bengikoseoglu
Calcite | Level 5

Yes I have already found and read the article, that's how I know that it is possible to do it and thank you anyway. I tried each option none, any, all and majority but unfortunately I still received the same results.. 

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

The only other thing I can think to suggest is to make sure you are looking at Exported Data... to see the variable roles that are being exported from the Metadata node.  I don't think you see the exported roles from the Train... Variables window.  

clarence
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Wendy, I have the same issue that is described above. Were you able to recommend a solution?
clarence
Calcite | Level 5

Were you ever able to figure this out? I am having the exact same issue. I have been stuck on it for sometime now.

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

The only other suggestion I have is to make sure the Hide Rejected Variables property of the Metadata node is set to No and an option other than None is selected for the Combine Rule property.  If it still doesn't work, please contact SAS Technical Support: https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/contact-sas.html

MikeStockstill
SAS Employee

Hello clarence-

We sent a reply to the track that you opened with technical support.

Have a great day!

MBRACH
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All,

There is solution found that doesn't really solve the problem. Has anyone found some other solution?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation