BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tonysmith1
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I created a gradient boosted model in SAS Enterprise Miner, and I've also imported a new data set into the program to score using the resulting model. I know how to generate a list of predicted values for the target variable for each entry in the data set. However, I'd also like to compute fit statistics for the new scored data as I can get from the model comparison node for the training and validation data set. Does anyone know what I could enter into the SAS code node to generate the same set of fit statistics from the scored data set?

Would be really appreciative of any help.,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

It sounds like the Model Import node is the way to go.  And you can use it one of two ways - I think the first is how you would use it, since it sounds like you scored the data set already.  And I'm assuming you have the target in the data you want to score or already scored.

1. Create a data source for the scored data that you created, then connect IDS->Model Import, with Import Type=Data.  Run, and you will get the usual model fit statistics.  You can then connect that to a Model Comparison node to get more assessment statistics.

2. If you haven't already scored, you can register the model from Gradient Boosting (either use the Register Model node or right-click on the node and select Create Model Package, then register it from the Model Packages folder in the Project Panel), then create a data source for the data you want to score, set up a flow IDS > Model Import, with Import Type=Registered Model and the model you registered selected for Model Name.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

It sounds like the Model Import node is the way to go.  And you can use it one of two ways - I think the first is how you would use it, since it sounds like you scored the data set already.  And I'm assuming you have the target in the data you want to score or already scored.

1. Create a data source for the scored data that you created, then connect IDS->Model Import, with Import Type=Data.  Run, and you will get the usual model fit statistics.  You can then connect that to a Model Comparison node to get more assessment statistics.

2. If you haven't already scored, you can register the model from Gradient Boosting (either use the Register Model node or right-click on the node and select Create Model Package, then register it from the Model Packages folder in the Project Panel), then create a data source for the data you want to score, set up a flow IDS > Model Import, with Import Type=Registered Model and the model you registered selected for Model Name.

Hope that helps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation