BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I was looking for interview questions on SAS Enterprise Miner. Just I want to know the exceptations from employers to SAS EM beginner. I do understand that it depends on the requirement , but I would like to know the things which I should know when apply for SAS EM developer for 1year experience.

Thanks in advance for any help you offer me.

2 REPLIES 2
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Babloo,

For someone with 1 year experience in Enterprise Miner and data mining, I would expect you to know:

-some best practices like data partition and using imputation only when needed

-how to avoid overtraining or overfitting a model

-how to use decisions and priors for oversampling or train a model with rare events

-how to interpret the results from the most common modeling nodes

-to explain in simple terms most plots and fit statistics on the model comparison node

After using EM for a year, you should be able to get the certification predictive modeling using SAS Enterprise Miner. Any of the questions or general cases seem like fair game for an interview. My go-to advice for prepping that exam is to read the appendix cases of the course Applied Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Miner.

For someone with more experience you should be able to

-know how to use the SAS code node using macro variables

-build custom reports directly on EM

-have a notion of batch code, deploying, and monitoring models

-design advanced diagrams for complex tasks such as deep learning or complex ensembles.

Good luck in your interview!

-M

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11
Are you familiar with KD nuggets? They just posted an interesting list of 20 interview questions.
http://www.kdnuggets.com/2016/01/20-questions-to-detect-fake-data-scientists.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation