BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi all,

I've have a new SAS installation, 9.4, on HP-UX. I'm able to open, create or save diagrams, create data source, configure nodes, everything but when I trying to run the diagrama, the following error appears:  "The diagram execution could not be started.  Please make sure all necessary services are enabled and running on the server."

I've verify the these instructions below but my server is correctly defined and problem still persist.

http://support.sas.com/kb/43/774.html

I have also restarted all my services. I know someone in the past posted similar question but does not appears the solution. I'm hoping someone had faced a similar issue and could help me out.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

The SAS Note you referred to shows the option "Enable Distributed-IP Scheduler Job runner" as being unchecked, but it is checked in your screenshot.  You might consider unchecking that box and restarting the servers/services.  If that does not solve the issue, I would recommend you contact SAS Technical Support.

Hope this helps!

Doug 

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @DougWielenga,

I'll try and let you know. Thanks,

Regards,

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @DougWielenga,

I made the change, restart services but the problem persists. Any other suggestion?

Regards,

DougWielenga
SAS Employee

All of the issues I researched were resolved by following the steps in the SAS note you already located.  Just to clarify, when you said you restarted the servers/services, did that include the web app servers and the midtier servers?  If so, have you tried to build a new diagram to see if the issue still persists with a new diagram?  If the answer to both of these is Yes, I would recommend you contact SAS Tech Support.

Cordially,

Doug

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation