BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jpindfw
Calcite | Level 5

Are the English Rules that are the result of a decision tree model available anywhere in the subdirectories?  I have written a SAS program to reformat for an excel filtered table but have to manually save the file with the English Rules.  I think that they should be somewhere in the Workspace or are they just created on the fly?

Thanks!

Judy

2 REPLIES 2
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Judy,

The English Rules are stored as a text file on a subdirectory with the node ID of your tree.

For example, for my decision tree number 3 on a diagram, the English Rules are in:

D:\EM\EM_Projects\EM14.1\miguel\demo\Workspaces\EMWS1\Tree3\ENGLISHRULES.txt

Once you know the physical path of your enterprise miner workspace (EMWS), the rest is pretty straightforward.

I hope you get to share with everybody this automated program that you are doing!

Good luck!

-Miguel

jpindfw
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Miguel!  We are still on 12.1 so I did find them under the same subdirectory in the file names OUTDESCRIBE.txt.  I am still working on the report but I think it would be a great addition to SAS reporting of decision trees.  I should be able to share it with you soon.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation