BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PPradeep
Calcite | Level 5

I have Dell XPS 13 which has resolution of QHD 1300 x 1800

While trying to launch the local version of SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation 14.1 all the elements are diplayed incorrectly. Icons and tiny and hard to see, model blocs are also very small. Font size is acceptable but sting width don't fit.

You can see the screenshot below.

I tried to set a full hd resolution (1920x1080) with magnification of the display to 150% along with increased zoom(SAS) of 200% but it didn't help.

Can SAS help me out in this, Original post was a year old hoping SAS would have the solution by now.

Res Issue.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
danheyl_sas
SAS Employee

I would try a 1920x1080 display resolution at a display magnification of 100% to work around the display issue you are seeing or go down to a lesser resolution for the moment to find what works best for you. I have a Dell P2815Q at this resolution (1920x1080 and 100%) running Enterprise Miner and I find that this works.

pradeep_poonia_gmail_com
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Danheyl_sas,

Thanks for response. With your suggested resolution also its not working. Dell P2815Q is 28" monitor which expands and give proper resolution I am using 13" (UHD)screen so this is not able to expand as P2815Q. Let me know what other option I can try.

Thanks

danheyl_sas
SAS Employee

You mentioned earlier that you were able to set the resolution to 1920x1080. Did this not work for you? My suggestion was to reduce the magnification from 150% to 100%. Can you be more specific on what you tried and what did not work?

dewittme
Fluorite | Level 6

Has there been any resolution on this? I am running off of a Dell XPS as well powering two high res monitors. I am having a similar issue with the menu at almost every resolution/ magnification.

Is there a fix?

MikeStockstill
SAS Employee

If you are still having a problem, then we recommend that you contact technical support.  Here is a link that you can use.

https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support.html

dewittme
Fluorite | Level 6

http://support.sas.com/kb/58/380.html

Changing the compatibility at startup to limit DPI was what worked (kind of) for me

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation