BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
V_Andy
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone!

Has anybody came accross the following problem? I've got a notebook on Windows 8 with Ultra HD 4K (3840х2160) display resolution.

While trying to launch the local version of SAS Enterprise Miner 13.1 and SAS Enterprise Miner 6.1 all the elements are diplayed incorrectly. Icons and tiny and hard to see, model blocs are also very small. Font size is acceptable but sting width don't fit.

You can see the screenshot below.

I tried to set a full hd resolution (1920x1080) but it didn't help.

Knowing that 4k displays are getting more and more widely ditributed I hope that someone have already found the desicion.

Please help me get the proper display appearance.

Each helpful advice is highly appreciated

sas_miner.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
danheyl_sas
SAS Employee

We are aware of this issue and we are researching what we can do regarding the font sizes. In the interim, you can use the magnification slider at the lower right-hand side of the diagram (workspace) to increase the magnification from 100% to 200% (the current maximum). This should scale the diagram and nodes to be easier to read (see the attached image).

Try setting the display properties to reduce the magnification of the display to 150% to make the text fit the layout better. To do this in Windows:

1. Right-click on the desktop and select "Display settings"

2. Move the slider under the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 150%

3. Sign off and sign back in.

This should make the text fit the boxes in Enterprise Miner better but it will be smaller.

EM-200-percent.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
danheyl_sas
SAS Employee

We are aware of this issue and we are researching what we can do regarding the font sizes. In the interim, you can use the magnification slider at the lower right-hand side of the diagram (workspace) to increase the magnification from 100% to 200% (the current maximum). This should scale the diagram and nodes to be easier to read (see the attached image).

Try setting the display properties to reduce the magnification of the display to 150% to make the text fit the layout better. To do this in Windows:

1. Right-click on the desktop and select "Display settings"

2. Move the slider under the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 150%

3. Sign off and sign back in.

This should make the text fit the boxes in Enterprise Miner better but it will be smaller.

EM-200-percent.PNG
V_Andy
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much for the helpful reply! It is the solution for problem. And I would also finally add that afer all the steps you adviced it is also helpful to set the Full HD resolution in Windows (1920*1080). It 4x magnifies everything on the screen so that all the details and icons are perfectrly visible.

lauralawton
SAS Employee

Helo V_Andy,

I'm glad you found some useful information. Can you please "Accept it as a solution"? This will help other community members who may run into the same issue know what worked.

Thanks!

Laura

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation