BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bonitajw
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Can you tell me where I can find background info about the datasets listed in SAS Enterprise Miner? I don't know what some of the variables mean. I am currently looking at  'Organics', 'Subscriber', 'Inq2005', 'creditbureau', and 'credit'. It would be helpful to have background about the dataset so I can understand it.

For example, in the 'Subscribers' dataset, the credit type  columns have the acronyms -- N , V  listed. I dont know what they mean.

Thanks.

Bonita

1 REPLY 1
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

Where are these data sets? I should know this, right?

I could not find these data sets in my go-to libraries (sashelp and sampsio) but I vaguely remember them from the course Advanced Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Miner.

What I do most of the time when I want to find more about a data set is to google the names of the variables. For example for the Home Equity data set (sampsio.hmeq) if you google "LOAN DELINQ LOAN MORTDUE data set", you find a link to a description of the repository that first published this (or a similar) data set. There might be a better way to do this, but this might get you started while someone posts the ultimate way to find better descriptions.

As an alternative, you can contact the instructor for the class if this is where you get the data from.

Good luck!

-Miguel

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation