BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Evelina
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I'm running a diagram in SAS Eminer and after about one and a half hour I'm getting 'Run time error'(attached file) when I run the 'Association' node. There is no error in the log file just warning for files that don't exist in the SASwork folder, but they exist there, for example:

WARNING: Physical file does not exist, /opt/saswork/SAS_work505B0000DAE6_servername/SAS_work218C0000DAE6_servername/DiagramOpenSessionResponse.xml

What can be the problem?

Evelina

8 REPLIES 8
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I think what you have attached is the Diagram Log, which wouldn't have information about why the Association node failed.  If you right-click on the Association node and select Results... then view the log (under View > SAS Results > Log), you might see a more informative error message there.

ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Wendy, Evelina -

Can you verify that the work dataset/file is indeed there in that location when running the program?

4ever Digging Data

e-SAS regards,

Evelina
Obsidian | Level 7

@ccaulkins9 the dataset is there when I run the diagram.

I checked the log for Assosiation node and it was 'Runs out of memory' error. I searched on the internet and it seems that it is a common error in SAS EMiner. I checked the variable names and they are less than 30 characters.The 'Result' of Assosiation node has been attached.

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

If you are not doing sequence analysis, you can try using the Market Basket node instead, which should handle large data better.  It can also take into account item taxonomy, where products are grouped into subcategories, categories, etc. 

ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9

Wendy is right in that other algorithms might support larger amounts of data -
21M+ observations/rows is certainly a lot -
and it took an hour and a half to begin processing them? or 

e-SAS regards,

Evelina
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it itakes more than one and a half hour to run the model. How can I devide the dataset to smaller parts and run the diagram?

I get the same error even with Market Basket node. Is there any thing that I should change in this node or other node?

Test1_diagram.png
ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9
hello @Evelina! any updates, wehr you able to finally get the algorithm to run?
e-SAS regards,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation