BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JakesVenter
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi guys,

Can anyone please tell me how to see the decision tree (the tree diagram with the leaves and so on) Eminer creates when you execute the rule induction node in Eminer version 6.1? When I access the results, I only seem to find information on the performance measures such as the misclassification rate, ASE, etc. Thanks guys!

3 REPLIES 3
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Jake,

Newer versions of Enterprise Miner have the option to use the decision tree node to import a tree model ... we could plan a workaround with EM13.1 or newer.

For EM 6.1 I think the easiest might be to use a decision tree with the same settings of the proc arbor that runs in the rule induction node.

From the log, I got:

Decision Tree Node OptionValue
Leaf Size50
Minimum Categorical Size5 (default)
Maximum Depth4
Missing ValuesUse in Search (default)
Nominal Target CriterionGini
Assessment measureAverage Square Error

I got a slightly better model, so I may be missing one more option. Hopefully someone will come to the rescue!

In the meantime this should get you close enough.

Good luck!

Miguel

JakesVenter
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Miguel,

I have been using Decision Tree Nodes in EM 6.1 as surrogate models to check the output of the rule induction node. Thus far it seems to do the trick. I just thought there might be an easier point-and-click method. Thanks for the help!

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

It is definitely a good suggestion. I will forward it to in product management.

Any more suggestions please send them our way.

Thanks Jakes!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation